Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MSED: Bird a Day #82 Perched Upon Linda's Hollyhocks

I have a friend, one that I have never met in person. She lives on the opposite side of the Atlantic ocean from me. She was one of the first followers on Marika Makes (if not the first). So she holds a special place in my heart. She likes to garden and grows her own vegetables and has the most lovely hollyhocks (in a secret garden). Recently she told me that she retired from her job this year after 25 years of service. So Linda, this card is for you. May the blue bird of happiness sing perched upon your hollyhocks forevermore.
Ink pad and gel pen on card stock
If you would like to check out what Linda has been up to here's a link to her blog http://lindawilksart.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary thank you so much for my lovely post it was so kind of you to think of me.....
    While reading this out to my husband it made tears come to my eyes. I am now overcome with emotion. This kind gesture means a lot THANKYOU......xx

    ReplyDelete