Friday, January 13, 2012

MSED: Bird a Day #138 Red Treasures

Here is another project that took awhile. I got the idea from this blog, Quirkiecraft.  I call it junk drawer art, she calls it "A canvas full of crap" LOL. She gives you a complete tutorial if you would like to try one for yourself.
I heard long ago that crows like to collect trinkets and shiny things to attract a mate. Most of this stuff comes from my husbands pocket after a day of work and over the years I have kept it, mostly because some of it looked important and I have a hard time throwing anything away.



6 comments:

  1. I really don't like crows...but I LOVE this one! I even used ellipses for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! you know I love crows, because of this one.
    http://marikamakes.blogspot.com/2011/11/msed-bird-day-110-jim-crow.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That looks awesome! =D I love the significance behind it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i should have known jim would make it here sometime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another crow! Yay! This came out awesome. And I like the bright red!

    ReplyDelete