Monday, November 21, 2011

MSED: Bird a Day #119 Turkey Trot

I have a wonderful friend I would like to tell you about, Mary Katherine. She isn't making a big Thanksgiving dinner this year. This year she will be running her first 10k in the Chicago North Shore Turkey Trot. Two years ago she never would have thought that she could run let alone run in a 10K! She writes about how she went from couch potato to athlete, with the help of her daughter, Rosie, here - Mary Katherine's Musings. She is an excellent writer and I am a huge fan of her blog. It's very heartfelt and inspiring.
 Also she's not just running for herself, she's running for an excellent charity 
The Wounded Warrior Project. Their mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. 
If you would like to help my good friend Mary in her efforts to support and help our wounded vets, go to her fundraising page and give from the heart.
While the rest of us our stuffing our faces on Thanksgiving Day, Mary Katherine will be making a difference in the world because, that's what she does!
Correction: I have just found out that MK IS making a Thanksgiving feast! I am in awe.

5 comments:

  1. If there was ever a perfect ending to a day, you've given me it tonight. Thank you, dearest friend and sister, for supporting me and loving me every tentative step of the way. I LOVE my well-rounded turkey sign as a counterpart to Rosie's lean and mean Road Runner! Perfection. I love you Mary. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Mary....sniff snifff That is just about the sweetest thing EVER!!!

    GO MK GO!!!!! Kick that 10K's butt!!!! You truly ARE an inspiration MK, and I'm so very glad and grateful you are a part of my sister's life. Thank you so very much for loving her, encouraging her, and inspiring her (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK I knew you would mention the plumpness of the turkey! lol Turkeys are supposed to be. And this turkey is not you. You are much more attractive!
    I am so proud to call you my friend. Go kick some butt Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minnie - You're an inspiration to me, too! You and Mary are growing creatively in the most glorious ways. Your works are making the world a more beautiful place. I'm so happy to call you friend and share your wonderful sister. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, dear Mary. I think I have solved the comment mystery at last. I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Gina.

    ReplyDelete