Here is the new watercolor painting. As far as bird a day projects go I think I will keep the next few less time consuming. though I did have a lot of fun. I tried a new technic with this one - masking areas with frisket
|It came in this cute little bottle. I discovered that it is made of tinted liquid rubber. I never knew.|
|Here is my line drawing with the frisket painted into areas that I didn't want the background color to go.|
At this point I just hoped it comes off the painting better than it came out of my brushes (I ruined one of my really good round brushes).
|Here is the painting with the background washed in.|
|Yeah! It rubbed right off!|
|Starting to paint|